Week of 10/26-10/30
Math- Kindergarten is continuing to work on counting up to 10 and addition story problems. 1st grade is working on addition and subtraction story problems and beginning unit 3 by working on fact families. 2nd grade is working on place value and adding facts within 200. Be sure that 1st and 2nd grade math homework is turned in by Monday each week. Continue to turn in homework on Mondays. SUMDOG.COM- this is a new math app we've been using. Logins are first name, password: abc, school code: wp5. Students are encouraged to work on this at home.
Literacy- Kindergarten PALS assessment is now complete. The results will be communicated with you at conferences. Please have your child read the book in their book bag to you each night and return it each morning. Don't forget to sign the sheet with the book that you read. Continued practice with books that are "easy" or "just right" help your child build reading fluency and word recognition. We will be doing Fontus and Pinnel testing next week and the week after so we can share updated reading levels with you at conferences. Literacy groups are reviewing character/ setting, summarizing, and beginning middle end. You can practice these at home when you're reading with your child. Mrs. Stahl's groups new sight words were: you, and, me.
Projects- We will be working on creating a brochure from their business and making props to go along with each business. Your child might be asking for specific supplies for their project. We have many available for the students to use as well.
Halloween Party- Our classroom party will be Oct. 30th in the afternoon. NO COSTUMES PLEASE. If you have a kindergarten child and are willing to supply something for the party and have a suggestion, please email one of us and we will get back to you. 1st and 2nd graders will be asked to help out at future parties.
Conferences- Nov. 5th and 12th. We will be sending home a reminder with the time slot that you are signed up for early next week. We're looking forward to meeting with all of you to discuss your child's progress.
- Conferences- Nov 5th and 12th 4-8pm
- Book Orders are due November 5-NO CASH PLEASE- checks are to made to Scholastic Books or place your order online. We have attached a note with instructions.
- Picture retake day is NOV 5th.
- Please make sure your child is dressed appropriately for outside recess.
- Next week is Red Ribbon Week. Monday- wear red, Tues- wear crazy socks, Wed- dress as your favorite superhero, Thurs- bring a stuffed animal, Fri- mismatched clothes.
- PTO Halloween Bash- Thursday Oct 29th, 6-7:30.
- November volunteer calendar will be sent home next week. If you're not on the calendar and would like to be, or have issues with a day, please let us know.